Hello friends, family, and fellow supporters! We are getting ready for the Chase Away 5K on October 12, and hope you'll be a part of the fun. I know October 12 seems a long ways away, but it takes time to build momentum. Plus, sadly, summer always goes by way too fast...fall will be here sooner than we'd like!
If you're going to tell me...
(1) "YAY! I love the Chase Away 5K! How do I register?" Then I'd say, "I love you! And you can register here, on raceit.com!"
(2) "That's great - but you know I don't run!" Then I'd say, "I will love you just as much if you walk! Or if you volunteer!"
(3) "That's nice and all, but I don't live in Vermont!" Then I'd say, "WE LOVE LEAFPEEPERS! Come see our foliage, then run, walk, or volunteer for the Chase Away!"
(4) "Ellie was super-cute. And Dingo was such a love. But I only support human cancer research." Then I'd say, "Canine cancer research *supports* human cancer research. Here's just one of many examples. And yes, I still love you."
(5) "I love your enthusiasm, but I just can't make it this year." Then I'd say, "I understand. I hope you can at least donate. Please tell your friends/ neighbors/ friends' neighbors about the event. And yes, I still love you."
I think that covers all the possible reactions...What else do you need to know?
- 100% of the money raised benefits Chase Away K9 Cancer. And 100% of Chase Away K9 Cancer money funds canine cancer research. Which, yes, also helps human cancer research. That's pretty awesome, if I do say so myself!
- Register by Sept 12 to get your dog's name included on the back of the event tee. $5 per name. Don't want to register but still want your dog's name on the back? Donate $5 per name and email me which pup(s) to include.
- If you own a small business (or know someone who does) and would like to donate a prize for the post-race participant raffle, please let me know. And I'll love you forever! (trick promise - you know I will anyhow.)
- Online registration is live now, and remains live until Oct 10. Same-day registration is available, and opens 9am at Dorset Park (event location). Same day registration is $5 more, FYI.
- The fun run (emphasis on F-U-N!) begins at 10am on Oct 12.
- Friendly, leashed dogs welcome. We will have leashes on hand if you forget to bring one.
- Friendly, leashed kids welcome (hah - just wanted to check and see if you were still reading.)